The school has three registered psychologists, of which two services the primary school and one is based at the high school. The psychologists:
- are responsible for the processing of all the WCED admission forms, transfers to other Special Needs Schools, and updating of the school’s waiting list as stipulated by the WCED.
- serve as the co-ordinators of the multi-disciplinary team regarding the assessment of new learners for possible placement.
- provide psycho-emotional support to learners (play therapy and individual therapy).
- also, provide parental guidance and support to staff regarding managing behaviour and discipline.
- conduct psychometric testing for Vista Nova learners.
- are part of the annual mid-year multi-disciplinary team discussions, as well as parent meetings to discuss learners’ academic progress.
- facilitate school information tours for prospective parents and other professionals. They also provide general information to other schools and address all admissions queries.
- serve as the liaison with all Health Professionals.